Plaster Image Transfer- Second Attempt

After the first failed attempt I took on board a few things that might aid me in my next attempt and these were:-

  • To make the images darker
  • Black and white if possible
  • To invert the image
  • Have a more smaller and detailed image

With these points in mind I went on the computer to edit the images in order to hopefully get a better print. The images I took have been inverted and I made them black and white. I also made the image darker through contrast. I cut my plaster batt into 4 small rectangles and also made my images the same size. I then tried the process again printing the image out on a toner printer. The outcomes this time worked better but they were still not at the quality that I wanted them at. The ink had smudged removing the fine details of the image. The plaster also had bubbles in which made the surface all dotted. I really was not happy with the outcomes again. It seemed that the plaster was getting the blurred quality I wanted but without the main detail. I will re-think my option of using image transfers on plaster in display.

18450106_10208731566275800_841033429_n

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s