Press Packs are a pre-packaged set of promotional materials that provide information about a person, company, organization or cause and which is distributed to members of the media for promotional use. For Artists/Designers/Makers Press Packs are a good way of getting yourself out there and it shows others what you do and what your practice is. As a part of the professional practice course I will be making 3 in total. A Press Pack is a marketing tool for yourself and your business which is tailored to your pitch and who you send it away to. What are you making and what are you going to be promoting? these are the questions you will need to answer upon making a Press Pack.
You will need to include:
- Who you are/name/business (get yourself known)
- What you are promoting/what you are working on
- When is your work happening
- Why are you approaching the company/ what do you hope to achieve (include Cover letter)
- Where can they find you (website/blog/email/address/online/in-person)
you will need to make a folder and in your folder you will need to include:-
- Letter of interest/cover letter/statement of interest (make this visual)
- Include Press releases/articles you have been included in
- Business cards
- C.D/USB of images (low res and higher res jpgs)
- Image list to match the C.D/USB
- Coloured Printing of Products.
Tailor these to fit your needs, make the folder look clean and clear to show work or even eco-friendly. We got to then experience the previous makers Press Packs and they looked professional within the small compact and portable folders. Be aware what your client will want digital or physical (do your research).